Last updated on 11/02/2021.
General information about Cookies:
Cookies are files that store information on hard drives or browsers. They enable this site to monitor whether users have already visited the site or enhance understanding of which of the site pages are most visited (as cookies show which pages are visited and for how long). Through this data, we can make the site meet our users’ requirements and facilitate their navigation of the site. For example, cookies allow us to ensure that information shown on our site on future visits responds to the users indicated preferences.
We strive to inform our users that they can configure their browser to accept or reject cookies, or to alert them to when a cookie has been sent. Every browser is different; therefore, it is important that you verify how to modify your options for your specific browser. AquaTrace informs its users that when a site has been structured to use technical cookies, deactivating them could affect the functionality of the site and hinder its performance.
Below, we provide some links to online information on how to configure the most common browsers:
Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Understanding the type of Cookies we use:
Type 1: Functionality Cookies
1. Strictly necessary cookies are used for security, or to enable the website to function – without these cookies you will not be able to use our websites.
2. Functionality cookies that provide website services to enhance your experience and cookies that save your preferences e.g. website language, enquiries or comments you make on our website – these cookies are not necessary for your use of our websites but enabling these cookies can improve your website experience.
Type 2: Analytical Cookies(Anonymised)
1. Cookies that can tell us how (anonymised) users interact with our website, to help us improve. For these cookies, you will allow the companies we use (e.g. Google)to see some personal information e.g. IP address, but AquaTrace will not see this information.
2. If you accept these cookies, we will be able to analyse anonymous interactions such as:
a. the sources from which you access our website,
b. general online behaviour and interactions with our websites e.g. user clicks and number of website visits, and; c. general user preferences such as popular keyword searches and advert clicks.
Type 3: Analytical Cookies(Personal)
1. Cookies that allow us to use your personal information to tailor our product and service offering to you based on your interests, needs and interactions.
2. If you accept these cookies, we will be able to analyse interactions such as:
a. Utilising third party cookies (this means that they are provided by other companies, for example, Google) to advertise to you based on your interests and interactions with AquaTrace.
Finally, AquaTrace informs you that the different types of cookies can have a specific duration: temporary or permanent.
1. These cookies remain on your device between browsing sessions. They are activated each time you visit the website.
1. These cookies allow for website operators to link your actions during a browsing session. A browsing session starts when you open your browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. These cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, all cookies are deleted.
What consent options do I have?
AquaTrace would like to have your consent to send cookies to your computer or mobile device.
Our use of strictly necessary cookies does not require your consent. If you do not agree with the saving of strictly necessary cookies on your device, you should stop browsing our webpages.
If you do not consent to our functionality cookies, some parts of our website may not work as you wish.
Can I withdraw my consent or manage my cookies?
You can withdraw your consent to our cookies at any time, even if you have previously consented. More information about consent withdrawal is provided in our Website Privacy Notice.